Do you know that cholesterol levels vary by weight, age and gender? After some time, a person’s body tends to deliver more cholesterol, meaning that all adults should check their cholesterol levels regularly – about every 4 to 6 years.
Cholesterol is measured in 3 categories: LDL (bad cholesterol), HDL (good cholesterol) and total cholesterol. The balance between these three levels is very important. While LDL and total cholesterol levels have to be kept low, having more HDL cholesterol can protect a person against developing heart-related issues including strokes and heart attacks.
Age is the main factor in the amount of cholesterol in your blood. Being older than 45 years old (if you are a man) and older than 55 (if you are a woman) is a risk factor for having a cholesterol issues. Usually, men have a tendency to have higher levels of cholesterol throughout life than women. But women are also not protected from high cholesterol levels. During the menopause the cholesterol often increases.
Total cholesterol level less than 200 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) is considered normal for adults. A level between 200 and 239 mg/dL is viewed as borderline high. Values higher than 240 mg/dL is considered high.
LDL (bad) cholesterol level has to be less than 100 mg/dL. Levels between 100 and 129 mg/dL are acceptable for individuals with no health issues, but should be of more concern for those with heart disease risk factors or with heart disease. A reading between 130 and 159 mg/dL is borderline high and 160 to 189 mg/dL is considered high. A level of 190 mg/dL or higher is considered very high.
HDL (good) cholesterol level should be kept higher. A reading of less than 40 mg/dL is thought to be a major risk factor for heart issue. A reading between 41 mg/dL and 59 mg/dL is reviewed as borderline low. The optimal reading for HDL is of 60 mg/dL or higher.
As the cholesterol levels start to increase with age, health specialists typically recommend taking earlier steps in life to avoid high levels of cholesterol. Years and even months of unmanaged cholesterol can turn out to be considerably trickier to treat in just one go.
The 4 lifestyle changes you may be advised to make are:
If your LDL levels are still too high after these lifestyle changes, talk to your GP about cholesterol-lowering medications like statins, but give these pieces of advice your best shot.
Aging is a natural part of life. It does not just affect what you can see on the outside, for example, grey hair and wrinkles. We also age on the inside, which is the reason we have to nourish ourselves with a range of supplements to ensure good health, longevity and happiness.
The prostate is one of the components of a man’s sex organs. It is a walnut-sized organ in young men, but with age it slowly increases in size, and this can cause issues. For men, the older you get, the more likely you are to have problems with your prostate health.
The prostate goes through two primary phases of development during a man’s life. The first sees fairly rapid growth during the early years of puberty – the prostate generally doubles in size. The second phase of growth begins in a man’s mid-twenties and this is a much slower period of development which then proceeds throughout life.
The second phase of growth does not cause any issues until men are well into their 60s or 70s when the indications caused by the now enlarged prostate will begin to appear and a visit to the specialist will reveal the presence of nothing more than a basic enlarged prostate. In medical terms, your doctor will state that you are experiencing benign prostatic hypertrophy, benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH.
When the prostate grows, the tissue surrounding it restricts its expansion and causes the prostate to close around the urethra. In this case, the flow is restricted through the urethra. In the meantime, the bladder wall thickens and the bladder begins to contract even when it contains moderately small amounts of urine. At last, the bladder weakens and loses its ability to contract and to empty itself and the urine stays trapped in the bladder.
The exact symptoms experienced because of an enlarged prostate will clearly vary from person to person, but, as a general rule, the first signs will be a difficulty in urinating and a change in your pattern of urination.
An early visit to the doctor can have the issues related to an enlarged prostate cleared up quickly and considerably reduce the danger of developing complications.
Snoring in the beginning is only an uncomfortable feeling for you and your family. The first stage is making an unpleasant sounds, goes on with stressful waking in the nights and achieves chronic tiredness and annoyance. Unfortunately these symptoms of snoring affect our lifestyle and relationship. Sometimes tiredness is turning into aggression. It’s visible for people around us, but often we can’t realize that we have a problem. That’s why more often people who decide to overcome snoring are doing it, because of their family or friends. But the more important reason to overcome snoring should be protecting your health.
People who suffer from snoring know a lot about fatigue and depression but often don’t know the reason why they are going through these conditions. First thing you have to care of is good sleep. Impaired sleep is the main reason for many diseases. And snoring is the most common obstacle for having a good sleep. If you win the fight with snoring, you’re going to have a healthy life. Snoring ruins the sleep of your family too, so if you don’t care about your health, think about your family.
Scientific surveys have proven that chronic snoring increases the risk of brain stroke and heart attack. This is because snoring is a symptom for difficult breathing. When you have breathing anxiety, oxygen can’t achieve the brain which impairs your biorhythm. That is a precondition for a heart attack or brain stroke. Protect your health in the beginning of this process. Look for different ways to deal with snoring when the first symptoms appear and if you’ve realized you have a sleep disorder take immediate measures!
Goes on with risk of diseases
People who suffer from snoring risk to go into the group of sleep apnea. During the sleep the breathing stream stops for about 10 seconds. These pauses deprive the blood from oxygen. Without oxygen your organism is being ruined. About 5 percent of the people suffer from sleep apnea but the worse is if they don’t know the symptoms. This condition might contribute for high blood pressure and diabetes.
Pay attention to your health
Preventive measures are always desired. Turn your attention to your family and yourself. If you find symptoms of difficult breathing or snoring talk about this and try to find a solution. Remember the good condition of your body is on the base of your health.
There are different kinds of detox programs which can cleanse your body and take care of your health. All of them have guiding principles to follow for better results. Here you can see what to avoid during detox.
1. Sugar is the biggest enemy of each detox program. It’s really uncomfortable for most people who’re planning to detox their bodies and the main reason is they’re addicted to sugar without realizing it. Some of them try to change sugar with substitutes for sugar, but it’s not a good decision if you want to get toxins out of your body.
2. Alcohol – the most consumed product which harms the liver. This is the second product you must avoid if you’re ready for a healthy life or detox your body. The main problem with alcohol is the extreme amounts of sugar it contains. As already stated, avoiding sugar is key to detox.
3. Fruits also contain sugar, that’s why we should be very careful with them. It’s fine to have two or three fruits per day while detoxing. It’s better to reduce fruit consumption in your daily meals. This tip is essential if you’re on juice detox, because the amount of sugar in a glass of fresh juice is high.
4. Caffeine and black tea. These products cause fatigue, irritability, nervousness and sleep deprivation. These are the most common issues during detox. It’s normal to have them and it means you’re getting toxins out of the body. Avoid caffeine because it amplifies the symptoms.
5. Animal products are part of the daily nutrition, but when we’re talking about detox diet you need to remove them from the meal. During detox the only appropriate foods are vegetarian. That means fresh vegetables, small amount of fruits, different kinds of seeds and nuts.
6. Mushrooms are not good during detoxification, because they create mold into intestines. This can damage the protective barrier of the intestines. That includes all types of mushrooms even raw mushrooms.
7. The last pest here is peanuts. They contains toxins which act badly to the recovering processes of colon. Avoiding peanuts is recommended for a healthy nutrition during detox programs. You can replace them with another rich in omega 3 fatty acids.